Rubbing your face with an ice cube every day will help you keep your face young and fresh without much effort. It is important to carry out the washing procedure correctly and select the appropriate ingredients for the production of ice cubes. In fact, applying ice to your face is a fairly ancient method of treating acne and improving skin condition.
Using ice for cosmetic purposes brings undeniable benefits. Ice tones, revitalizes and helps drive away morning drowsiness. This is a skin rejuvenation product that you can choose to suit your face. Cooling of the facial skin is used to eliminate puffiness around the eyes, reduce sebum production and increase skin elasticity
Short-term cooling of the skin increases blood flow, improves metabolism, tightens pores, the skin becomes more elastic, returning its natural color. Ice as a cosmetic product has many useful functions:
- tightens pores;
- improves microcirculation in blood vessels;
- eliminates signs of skin aging;
- reduces the level of sensitivity to environmental influences;
- reduces swelling and circles around the eyes;
- ice refreshes and enhances the healthy glow of the skin;
- regulate the level of sebum in the skin.
Ice can help unclog pores since cold tightens enlarged pores. Ice cubes will moisturize the skin. It is known that hydrated skin looks younger and wrinkles are less noticeable than dehydrated skin.
With regular use, the skin remains firm and elastic, which is extremely important for preventing the appearance of fine lines and premature wrinkles. Cold contact with the skin improves blood circulation and thus reduces swelling and inflammation, which can cause aesthetic problems such as cellulite or varicose veins.
While this is a beneficial ingredient for oily skin, it is also a great solution for those with dry skin. Its moisturizing properties counteract the natural loss of water from skin tissue, helping to remove dead skin and keep it hydrated. Because it does not change the pH of the skin, but rather balances it, it pairs perfectly with anti-dryness products.
- Additional information! Relieves sunburn thanks to its low temperature and moisturizing effect. Ice cube therapy is a good treatment option for superficial sunburn caused by sunlight.
The use of ice reduces the burning and itching sensation and, as a result, stimulates cell activity, ensuring rapid recovery. The effect of ice on skin lesions such as eczema is mainly to reduce inflammation
Use for inflammation of the facial skin that develops with acne
Ice for acne is a simple solution that will naturally soothe the damage. However, it is worth remembering that this is not a long-term solution to skin problems. This is only a temporary solution.
Note! Ice massage is a fairly intense procedure for delicate facial skin. Therefore, movements performed on the acne-affected area should be soft and circular, without vigorous rubbing. Also, do not allow ice, even if wrapped in a cloth, to touch any part of the skin for too long. This can cause irritation and redness, and in extreme cases, even frostbite.
Don’t forget to moisturize your skin after the procedure. Ice cube massage on pimples cleanses the epidermis and acts similar to a light peeling, which can sometimes lead to disruption of the natural protective barrier. Maintaining a balance in the functioning of the epidermis is very important for acne, so it is worth using a light cream.
If you’re going to ice your pimples, be careful about sun exposure. Do not apply ice cubes to your face immediately after returning home, especially if it is hot outside. This can expose delicate skin to thermal shock. After the procedure, you also need to wait until the skin returns to normal.
Under the layers of skin there are delicate and fragile capillaries that can easily burst if exposed to too much cold for too long. Cold temperatures cause blood to flow beneath the surface of the skin, which has many benefits:
- relieves pain – cold temporarily reduces nerve impulses;
- reduces swelling – due to blood flow;
- reduces inflammation;
- accelerates regeneration, promoting the healing of soft tissues;
- temporarily reduces sebum production; excess oily secretions in the pores of the skin promote the growth of bacteria that cause acne.
First, prepare the skin well for ice treatment. It is recommended to gently cleanse the skin and apply moisturizer to protect the barrier layer.
It is recommended to wrap the ice cubes in a soft cotton cloth. Then use the wrapped cubes to gently massage your face in circular motions for a minute or two. Ice can help calm inflammation, tighten skin pores, and reduce excess sebum production. Make ice cubes not only from pure water, but also from herbal infusions, such as chamomile.
With this treatment, increasing the frequency of use will not increase its effectiveness, but may cause irritation. Typically, ice cube massage for acne is applied once or twice a week, and this is enough. You should not massage your face with ice more than once a day. The massage time should also be short so as not to freeze the face – literally a minute or two is enough.
Cold causes blood vessels to constrict and stimulates circulation, which can help the immune system fight acne and can help relieve pain and reduce inflammation.
Uses of Ice Cubes
Before wiping your face, you need to make sure that the ice cubes do not have sharp protrusions. Otherwise, you may get injured during the procedure.
Applying ice cubes to the skin is a procedure that should be repeated every day. It only takes a few minutes and is practically free. It is useful to wash your face with ice 1-2 times a day, massaging not only your face, but also your neck and décolleté. The process is performed quickly, barely touching the face and without holding the ice in one place for a long time. After wiping, it is better to leave the skin damp for better absorption of nutrients.
The main principle of the action of ice as a cosmetic product is its regular use. Rubbing your face with ice should take from 1 to 5 minutes. Procedures need to be carried out every day, morning and evening. On the first day, one minute is enough, and then, if no negative reactions are noticed, the procedure time is gradually increased. After wiping your face with ice, apply a moisturizer.
Massaging with cubes wrapped in cloth helps remove the outer layer of dead skin cells, which can help the healing products work more effectively. Massage with circular movements, do not apply ice for too long. Excessive cold can cause skin irritation.
How to prepare ice for cosmetic procedures?
The easiest way to make ice is to freeze still mineral water using special molds. For best results, you can make it from a variety of ingredients: coffee, green tea, herbal teas, diluted sea salt, fruit and vegetable juices and cereal infusions. The ingredients can be mixed or poured into 2 layers. It is preferable to alternate between different types and not store ice for more than three to seven days, depending on the composition.
Several simple recipes for making cosmetic ice, where you can choose the one that suits you best.
- Ice from mineral water is the easiest option, pour mineral water into a mold
- Green tea ice is made from a concentrated infusion of green tea. This is a tonic for any skin type.
- Ice with aloe juice. To prepare this composition, mix half a glass of sage infusion with 2-3 tablespoons of aloe juice. Aloe juice is beneficial for treating acne and reducing skin irritation.
- Ice with lemon juice. Squeeze half a lemon into a glass of boiling water. This composition promotes skin rejuvenation.
- Ice from an infusion of sage or chamomile herbs cleanses the skin of acne. You can also use decoctions of other herbs
- Rice water ice. Boil a handful of well-washed rice in plenty of water until it boils. Then strain the broth and freeze it. This ice retains its beneficial qualities only for three days. Suitable for skin prone to age spots.
- Frozen watermelon juice. Wipe your face with ice watermelon juice and leave for 15 minutes, then rinse your face with cold water. This procedure tones and refreshes the skin.
- Ice from bay leaf decoction closes pores, so it is recommended after cleansing the skin at home. Soothes and reduces redness.
You can freeze peeled grapefruit slices to rub on your face. After ten minutes, rinse your face with water and apply the cream you usually use. You can also buy special lotions for making ice.
How to safely use ice on your face?
We should not forget that there are also contraindications for using ice for cosmetic purposes. While using ice on your face is safe in most cases, as with many other treatments, it’s worth keeping precautions in mind. Improper handling of frozen ice cubes can cause more harm than good, such as frostbite. It should not be used for dilated blood vessels, acute inflammatory skin diseases, open wounds and in winter before going outside.